venerdì 6 febbraio 2009

Cruise or not to cruise



Luckily there is Louis Vuitton to save us from the fashion routine, while the fast of Haute Couture's running on the Cat Walks. In these last years, they have enchained capsule collections after collaborations with other artists. The last in time, the Tribute to Stephen Sprouse is still in the stores (an explosion of sparkly green, pink and flours just right to chase away the winter melancholy). But another one's waiting us around the corner: on March, we can have the little bags&shoes collection signed by Sophia Coppola. Sophia isn't a visionary woman like Rei Kawakubo and she didn't something astonishing: a "Keep all" style purse, a black velor pochette and sandals inspired by the Old Hollywood glamor. Simple, girlish and cute. I don't like very much the shoes, but the pochette has all my approbation.
Yesterday I've received the YSL's Cruise catalogue, completely out of time, by the way. I hate the Cruise Collection. I hate seeing summer clothes in shop windows on February 'cos they remind me I can't have any sunny vacation. But I looked at it, on the same. Naturally, dresses with those sharp bustier and balloon skirts directly come from the winter collection. Sandals aren't all that, either. The "Downtown" bag was proposed again in a silver powdered blue grey. With the "Muse", that's the YSL bag I love the most and I'm glad to see that won't be out, yet.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento